Function of Electric Power Steering Belts is to transfer torque from motor to the steering gear to assist during driving.
Belt within an electrically-powered steering system is vital to performance as the belt helps determine driver use and power consumption.
Dayco is original and inventive in how to develop solutions, including the line of electric power steering belts.
In EPS system configurations with paraxial servo units, an electric motor mounted to the side of the rack housing drives a ball-screw mechanism via a toothed rubber belt to provide steering assistance. Dayco Electric Power Steering Belts are manufactured with a special grade HNBR or EPDM polymer:
- Several types of lubricant Greases/oil
- Allow the belt to operate under extreme temperature fluctuations without failure.
Dayco’s unique belt characteristics lead to long-lasting performance in terms of:
- High load capacity
- Resistance to tooth jump
- Extreme temperature variations
- High resistance during severe environment conditions
- Reduced span vibration, all with a quiet-running belt thanks to advanced Engineered design