Quality Process Engineer Functions:
Assist in development of Suppliers in regard to Product and Process quality and performance. To ensure that the “best” practices are utilized thus producing the highest quality, lowest cost product, and employing the safest methods.
SUPPLIER QUALITY ASSURANCE: Ensure Supplier’s qualification and eligibility and continuous assessment of Supplier component quality according to DAYCO specific requirements.
- Verify and Approve PPAP parts for new or modified product/process and, in the case of criticality of the project/component, PPAP verification is carried at supplier Manufacturing site.
- Assist with Customer PPAP’s when supplier driven changes require customer driven notification
- Perform Supplier Audits according to periodical requalification or in case of need.
- Continuously check consistency of received material with agreed Technical Specification or Engineering Print.
- Activate non-compliance management with requests of charge if received material is not in line with Technical Specification.
- Check and Assess corrective actions implementation by the supplier in the event of detected non-compliance
- Proceeds to monthly assessment of suppliers’ performances to be included in the BSC.
- Where needed, assist in development of Supplier towards ISO IATF certification
SUPPLIERS’ IMRPOVEMENT PLANS: Promote Supplier’s improvement according to a) DAYCO Specific Requirements, b) Production needs and c) stability of provided product quality levels
- Realize Improvement Plans on process and product finalized and agreed with the supplier.
- Make regular meetings at the supplier and/or at DAYCO for program verification.
NEW MATERIALS: Ensure together with R&D preventive activity on new materials
- Participate in the definition of product specifications and their approval.
- Define and approve with the supplier Process Flowchart, Control Plans and, for ISO IATF suppliers, Process FMEA (PFMEA).
RECEIVING QUALITY MANAGEMENT: Ensure Incoming Components Laboratories Management
- Direct personnel involved in Components acceptance and manage testing equipment needed.
- Issue internal Laboratory testing procedures, using if available international standards or creating new testing methods suitable for the type of component.
- Issue Incoming Components Laboratory Control Plans
- Issue internal Technical Specification for Semi-finished components.
Provide technical assistance to the various departments within the plant in the areas of analytical trouble shooting, process improvements, cost improvements, customer documentation, and communication.
Assist in the education and training of plant personnel on assembly, computer equipment, and process management tools.
Serve on a project or permanent teams as required to address special issues or problems.
The Supplier Quality Engineer must complete and comply with any relevant customer specific requirements.
This position has the authority to stop their process at any time in order to investigate a product, process, Environmental Management or Quality System nonconformance or to prevent suspect product from further processing. In addition, they are authorized to initiate action to prevent occurrence of nonconformances, identify and record problems, recommend solutions to nonconformances found within their control and to verify the implementation of solutions. Lastly, this position has the authority to represent the needs of the customer in internal functions addressing IATF 16949 requirements that are within their control.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a Manufacturing environment. Automotive Manufacturing preferred.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Experience with PPAP’s & Quality Processes
- Required technical skills: Understanding of Manufacturing and mechanical processes. APQP, TS16949/IATF 16949 and ISO 9001, Six Sigma, PFMEA, Gage R&R/MSA and control plans.
- Desired PC skills: Kronos, Word, Excel, Project Planning and management, and PowerPoint.
- Communicates daily with management and outside vendors. Regular communicates with Plant workforce. Regularly communicates with incoming inspectors.
*Currently Dayco Products does not support sponsorship.
* ONLY LOCAL APPLICANTS
Work Environment: The work environment described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is infrequently exposed to high noise levels in a manufacturing environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Características da Vaga