Dayco has an exciting job opportunity for you to work as a Prorotype Engineer. Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacturing, and distribution of essential engine products, drive systems and services for automobiles, trucks, construction, agriculture, and industry.
The Senior Prototype Engineer will have the responsibility to technically follow the product development – process activities, through the collaboration with all the plant bodies.
- Perform (first lots) and support (successive batches) to the assembly of prototypes and execution of the product / process validation tests;
- Fill in the forms relating to the flow, process and control plan (first lots);
- Analysis and research of possible solutions to any anomalies discoveries during the phases of the product / process;
- Continuous interface with all internal bodies, mainly with the planning body;
- The development of the project follows from the concept to the production line, focusing on the pre-industrialization phase to guarantee production efficiency;
- Follows the technical feasibility of new products;
- Supports the development of DFMEA and generates PFMEA prototypes;
- Follows the analysis of the faulty components and the definition of the improvement of the design;
- Check the prototype assembly cycle and the definition of the equipment;
- Manages the process innovation by carrying out research and analysis on new technologies to improve existing ones;
- Technically supervising the prototyping activity;
- Supports continuous improvement of the department (Kaizen);
- Collaborate with the management area for organizing customer-related activities;
- Collaborate with other internal departments, such as: quality, industrialization and production support, when necessary, thanks to the knowledge gained on the product / process;
- Monitor the efficiency of the department and the preparation of the related KPI;
- Support departmental colleagues in technical training activities.
Essential Qualifications and experience
2-3 years of previous experience in similar tasks, and in structured companies
Master’s degree – Mechanical Engineering or equivalent title
Technical & Soft Skills
- Documentation knowledge of prototype phase (PFC, Control Plan, FMEA, etc.)
- Good Knowledge machine and process parameters
- Discreet knowledge of statistical systems;
- Basic CAD knowledge;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, especially the Excel program;
- Basic knowledge of traditional tools machines;
- Active communication and listening;
- Stress resistance;
- Critical Sense;
- Team Working.
- Manual Capacity.
Características da Vaga