This position is part of the engineering group. He applies the engineering standards guidelines with the support of the regional team. Main goals are support the competitively of the products family and create link between the global R&D and regional center.
The Product Engineer is accountable for the design, development of rigid components to meet customer requirement. Frequent, clear and credible communication is necessary throughout these projects to efficiently coordinate efforts and appropriately inform other team members.
The Product Engineer is also accountable for the analysis of component, test the products to make sure they meet all specifications, ensure manufacturability, an avoid harsh operating conditions in the field. The incumbent develops and specifies test procedures and provides guidance to test technicians to ensure that test data meets the standard requirements and deadlines.
The incumbent supports the team defining with the Lead Engineer product design standards from conceptual sketch to production ready status.
- Analyze the products to meet the requirements relating to feasibility, competitiveness and quality.
- Propose and develop the first concept of manufacturing flow in team with manufacturing engineers, deep knowledge of machinery and process is required
- Operate within established timelines.
- Inspect, test, analyze, consult and report relevant failure information with suppliers, and other interested parties.
- Investigate and bring to market new materials and technologies, to maintain long term product line competitiveness.
- Credibly present technical material in both formal and informal settings to inform team members, suppliers and management via project status reviews, design reviews, written reports and oral presentations.
- Maintain contact with other functional groups to assure coordination and accomplishment of technical objectives
- Support the responsible engineer in formal problem solving as necessary.
- Support the responsible engineer in benchmarking analysis on competitor’s innovation or any other relevant products.
- Define the product BOM
- Interfaces with internal functions and external suppliers for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly
- Realize 3D model of system assembly according to system parameters defined during design engineering activities (calculations, simulations); import/export 3D Cad data, packaging check in accordance with customer engine models
- Realize assembly blueprints according to company standard with relevant information system behavior
Essential Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in engineering (Mechanical/Automotive or Material is preferred)
- Polymeric material master’s degree is highly recommended
- Working experience min. 1-2 years in similar role
Technical & Soft Skills
- Understanding of problem-solving techniques
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate
- Knowledge of design FMEA/NVH and vibration is preferred
- Knowledge in Cad systems (PROE preferred)
- Knowledge Microsoft Office
- Fluent English
Características da Vaga