The Application Engineer is accountable for creating and maintaining a positive impression of Dayco to its customer, which is necessary to maintain existing and capture new business. This requires constant contact with the customer including a significant amount of time on-site at customer locations. The incumbent must be very sensitive to customer needs and communicate them internally to ensure Dayco maintains a competitive position in this market. There is no continuous improvement without acceptance from the ultimate customer and this is the incumbent’s responsibility. The incumbent must also participate in efforts to improve Dayco’s Project management and other processes as well as to improve Dayco’s understanding of FEAD systems and system/product interaction through feedback from the customer and the field. The incumbent must prioritize customer requests internally and with the customer to properly utilize resources available.
• Technical first point of contact with Detroit Automotive OEs
• Hunt new product opportunities in Advanced Engineering groups at OEs to grow new business
• Increase product share with customers on current product technologies
• Communicate technical information to customers as well as to Dayco Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales through technical presentations, design reviews, etc.
• Provide timely answers and fast assessment during system design, testing, and troubleshooting processes.
• Conduct regular on-site warranty part reviews and investigations.
• Maintain an awareness of competitive activity and industry trends related to Dayco products and thereby identify future product needs to maintain and grow Dayco’s position in the marketplace. Communicate these needs to R&D, Sales, and Product Management
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years of industry experience with OEs on engine related products, preferably to include experience with belt drive related products and systems
• High technical competency. Able to communicate at a high technical level with customers as well as within Dayco Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales organization
Características da Vaga