Dayco at a glance: leader in the research, design, manufacture and distribution of essential engine drive systems and aftermarket services for automotive. Our Key numbers: 115 years of experience, 40 locations in 22 countries, solid financial background, a clear direction into the future. These are the keys for our global success.
Dayco Ivrea – R&D new position: PROTOTYPE ENGINEER
The Prototype Engineer will have the responsibility to technically follow the product development – process activities, through the collaboration with all the plant bodies.
- Perform (first lots) and support (successive batches) to the assembly of prototypes and execution of the product / process validation tests;
- Fill in the forms relating to the flow, process and control plan (first lots);
- Analysis and research of possible solutions to any anomalies discoveries during the phases of the product / process;
- Continuous interface with all internal bodies, mainly with the planning body;
- The development of the project follows from the concept to the production line, focusing on the pre-industrialization phase to guarantee production efficiency;
- Follows the technical feasibility of new products;
- Supports the development of DFMEA and generates PFMEA prototypes;
- Follows the analysis of the faulty components and the definition of the improvement of the design;
- Check the prototype assembly cycle and the definition of the equipment;
- Manages the process innovation by carrying out research and analysis on new technologies to improve existing ones;
- Technically supervising the prototyping activity;
- Supports continuous improvement of the department (Kaizen);
- Collaborate with the management area for organizing customer-related activities;
- Collaborate with other internal departments, such as: quality, industrialization and production support, when necessary, thanks to the knowledge gained on the product / process;
- Monitor the efficiency of the department and the preparation of the related KPI;
- Support departmental colleagues in technical training activities.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in similar tasks, and in structured companies
- Master’s degree – Mechanical Engineering or equivalent title is preferable
- Documentation knowledge of prototype phase (PFC, Control Plan, FMEA, etc.)
- Good Knowledge machine and process parameters
- Discreet knowledge of statistical systems;
- Basic CAD knowledge;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, especially the Excel program;
- Basic knowledge of traditional tools machines;
- Active communication and listening;
- Stress resistance;
- Critical Sense;
- Team Working.
- Manual Capacity.
Work Location: Ivrea (TO)
What we offer: permanent contract, a dynamic and fast growing business, a lean organization where you have the chance to be visible and appreciated by the top management, company financial health, a global approach to people management.Apply Online