The job consists in the definition, in the set-up and in the realization of functional and durability tests on both Dayco and competitor’s components and in the successive analysis of the acquired data. These functional and durability tests/measurement are performed on FEADs, on TBDs and on their single components (pulleys, dampers, de-couplers, tensioners and belts).
The test engineer performs the Functional Measurements and analyze the Durability Log Sheets on projects/products.
Performed Measurement & Tests are defined according to the Design and Verification Plan (DVP).
- Definition and set-up of functional and durability tests/measurements on engine and on benches.
- Support the Test Technician during the mounting phase of the product/component on said engine or benches.
- Perform measurement session to the customer (especially for Functional Measurement).
- Product/Component qualitative analysis eventually with Laboratory support.
- Qualitative analysis of the acquired data and Reports drafting.
- DVP management on the projects/products assigned to the Test Engineer by the Testing Manager.
Essential Qualifications and experience
- 6-12 months of previous experience in similar tasks, and in structured companies
- Master’s degree – Mechanical Engineering or equivalent title
Technical & Soft Skills
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems dynamics and vibrations
- Basic knowledge of mechanical measurements
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods
- Basic knowledge of ICE (internal combustion engines)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Manual capabilities and attitude for manual work (not only intellectual)
- Available to business travel a lot
- Accuracy in performing tasks
- Problem solving attitude
- Stress resistance