Quality Process Engineer Functions:
To provide technical guidance and support to the Springdale Manufacturing Plant to achieve Process and Product objectives. To ensure that the “best” practices are utilized thus producing the highest quality, lowest cost product, and employing the safest methods.
Provide technical assistance to the various departments within the plant in the areas of analytical trouble shooting, process improvements, cost improvements, equipment upgrades or installations, capability studies, customer documentation, and communication.
Generate / Assemble PPAP documentation and submit to customers.
Assist in the education and training of plant personnel on processes, equipment operation, tensioner assembly, computer equipment, and process management tools.
Input in the development of products via the APQP procedure, by determining process specifications, recommending equipment needed for the product and determining in-process controls required to satisfy the customers’ expectations.
Provide in depth support in the area of Process Engineering, equipment knowledge, tooling design, knowledge of the product and its design, manufacturing practices, environmental and OSHA requirements.
Give direction to quality, production and engineering personnel concerning new or revised projects and processes.
Also provides direction to quality, drives project through completion, supports APQP and project documentation requirements and communicates with production and engineering personnel when involved in trouble shooting and process optimization.
Serve on project or permanent teams as required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a Manufacturing environment. Automotive Manufacturing preferred.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with PPAP’s & Quality Processes
- Required technical skills: Understanding of Manufacturing and mechanical processes. APQP, TS16949/IATF 16949 and ISO 9001, Six Sigma, PFMEA, Gage R&R/MSA and control plans.
- Required PC skills: AS400, Kronos, Word, Excel, Project Planning and management, and PowerPoint.
- Communicates daily with management and outside vendors. Regular communicates with Plant workforce. Regularly communicates with assigned customers.
*Currently Dayco Products does not support sponsorship.