Dayco has an exciting job opportunity for you to work as a CAE Engineer (Dynamic Simulation). Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacturing, and distribution of essential engine products, drive systems and services for automobiles, trucks, construction, agriculture, and industry.
Ensure the execution of dynamic simulations, necessary to verify and guarantee the feasibility of a FEAD/Timing belt system (single parts and assembly) produced entirely or partially by Dayco.
Implement and develop a methodology of calculation in collaboration with the Testing and Design areas.
Set up a system of Dynamic simulation consistent with the needs expressed by the various technical areas and Customer requirement and promote the corporate image with the purpose to supply competitive products, according to the actual needs of the company.
- – Design Area:
- Analyse the Feasibility of different NEW/INNOVATIVE design solutions.
- Analyse the Feasibility of partial or extensive design modifications (Current production products).
- Create and manage calculation spread sheet /tools in usage for Designers
- Support the Material selection process through collaboration with Testing and parts’ Suppliers.
- Support the component parameters selection process through collaboration with Design area.
- Maintain relationships with Project Managers, Project Leaders, Application Engineers, Testing Dept. and with other external organisations, for example Research Centre, University.
- Compile and distribute Dynamic Simulation Reports.
- Planning and manage Training activities (software updating courses) in collaboration with Human Resources Area.
- Be available for any training to be submitted to Application Engineer for their simulation tasks.
- – Testing Area:
- Support the Testing area during the Products/Prototypes validation phase.
Essential Qualifications and experience
1-2 years of previous experience in similar tasks, and in structured companies.
Master’s degree – Mechanical Engineering or equivalent title.
Technical & Soft Skills
- Knowledge of dynamic simulation software preferred Simdrive.
- Knowledge of combustion engine and related subsystems.
- Knowledge of FEAD and timing belt components modellization concepts.
- Degree in Engineering or related scientific disciplines
- Knowledge of “Windows “operating systems and their main applications
- Knowledge of Internet and E-mail browsers.
- Knowledge of English
- Knowledge of Office and Windows Operating System
- Knowledge of PRO-E and CATIA V-5 CAD systems
- Knowledge of Material Science (Metals , Polymers and Composites)
- Knowledge of Mechanical Metallurgy
- Knowledge of Fracture Mechanics and Fatigue Analysis
- Knowledge of Design FMEA