- Ensure that Dayco’s product and systems capabilities meet market demand in order to maintain and grow their position in the market.
- Provide guidance to application engineers in setting project objectives and priorities.
- Ensure continued professional development of application engineers.
Personnel development and support:
- Develop and maintain an effective organization, including recruitment, training, developmental planning, performance appraisal, and wage and salary administration to achieve customer satisfaction and business unit objectives as related to the Applications Engineering group.
- Work with applications/on-site engineers to improve their understanding of Dayco’s products and belt drive systems.
- Facilitate disbursement of engineering developments to ensure that application/on-site engineers are aware of the latest Dayco technologies.
- Coordinate/provide direction for all systems engineering work.
- Develop a standard Application Engineering Approach and ensure that targeted customers have sufficient applications support in the Automotive OE market.
- Provide backup as needed for direct customer support.
- Understand the performance and durability requirements for systems and components.
- Help identify future product needs to maintain or grow Dayco’s position in the marketplace.
- Drive market requirements into the development of new products and tools.
- tensioner and pulley development
- belt development
- SFMEA and Drive Design Check List improvements
- component and system testing methods
- analytical tool
- coordinate ongoing presentations to customers of product and process improvements
- Coordinate/provide direction for product design and development projects
- Coordinate/provide direction for cost reduction efforts
- Manage the generic product lines (belts, tensioners, idlers) to minimize proliferation and complexity
- Act as the primary repository of knowledge and experience for the generic product line and how to apply it in the engine market.
- Keep the external customer apprised of Dayco’s latest continuous improvement and product enhancement activities.
Essential Qualifications and experience
Master’s degree – Mechanical Engineering or equivalent title
Minimum 5 years of previous experience in similar role
Dynamic motivated open mind;
Able to work independently and structured, but also as a team;
Know how to handle the pressures to get the results given;
Good knowledge of the main computer programs;
Fluent spoken and written English.
JOB LOCATION: Wolfsburg