Dayco has an exciting job opportunity for you to work as a Quality Engineer at the Williston, SC Manufacturing Facility. Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacturing, and distribution of essential engine products, drive systems and services for automobiles, trucks, construction, agriculture, and industry.
Maintain both Dayco Products and the customer’s quality requirements for multiple components of the life of the component from product development through customer warranty claims by providing leadership and technical support to process teams to maintain established quality standards and provide guidance toward continual process improvement and waste reduction. This position will report to the Quality Manager and is first shift.
- Plant quality representative for assigned customer group.
- Participate in APQP – cross functional team in product and process validation
- Interpret conformance to customer quality requirements.
- Coordinate and administer the customer specific PCN and deviation procedures.
- Support customer, Dayco sales and STC engineering with all sample submissions.
- Understand and accurately follow the process of PPAP sample submissions.
- Develop and maintain all customer specific quality documents.
- Maintain professional customer communications through customer visits and phone calls.
- Investigate quality complaints, evaluate and verify complaints, facilitate the corrective action process as required.
- Maintain corrective action, preventive action and complaint logs.
- Aid in the development of quality standards for the inspection of product to ensure consistency.
- Support manufacturing through quality testing, auditing and case studies.
- Implement, monitor and maintain effective internal quality audits.
- Administer corrective action for external and internal quality problems and concerns.
- Analyze warranty returns and submit report to NA warranty coordinator when required.
- Report monthly trends on customer concerns and returns.
- Assist as required to ensure IATF 16949 standards are met.
- Assist process teams in quality and process improvement activities utilizing LEAN concepts.
Process Owner-Organizing the analysis, the review and the description of the Key Process with the involved parties; defining the indicators and monitoring them; proposing improvements
Essential Qualifications and experience
4-year degree or certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification
1-4 years of previous experience in similar tasks, and in structured companies.
Technical & Soft Skills
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Caractéristiques de l'emploi