Dayco has an exciting job opportunity for you to work as a Global Manufacturing Engineer. Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacturing, and distribution of essential engine products, drive systems and services for automobiles, trucks, construction, agriculture, and industry. We’re looking for someone to support our manufacturing plants on a global scale and assist with process improvements.
As a Global Manufacturing Engineer, you will lead operational excellence at assigned plant(s) and drive Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Cost, Inventory Management and Capital / Capacity Utilization. You will provide leadership and direction by developing and executing a strategy for continuous improvement. This job focuses on ensuring customer expectations are consistently met, delivery and quality targets are hit, and resources are utilized to provide a globally cost-competitive product.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- Managing and leading continuous improvement projects, as well as mentoring and coaching others
- Applying Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
- Managing a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater valve; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen.
- Training and leading cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements
- Implementing initiatives that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implements such tools as: SPC, Process Capability, Pareto analysis, Fishbone, SMED, DOE.
- Training, coaching and motivating personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
- Driving the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Assisting in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
Required Qualifications of the Global Manufacturing Engineer:
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in the manufacturing field in a production environment
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Flexible and strong communication and people skills
- Cultural understanding of different locations
- Strong product line knowledge
- Direct and indirect labor analysis and planning
- Equipment specification, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification
- Capital equipment budget planning and tracking
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Ability to draw two dimensional layouts in CAD software
- Analytical problem solving
- Design for assembly and manufacturing
- Project management – plan development and execution
- High level of personal initiative, self-driven and action/results oriented
- Skilled coach with experience identifying talent and developing people and teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong peer relationships
- Strong quantitative skills
Caractéristiques de l'emploi