Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacture and distribution of essential engine drive systems and aftermarket services for automotive, truck, construction, agriculture and industrial applications. Dayco’s world class global distribution network services the aftermarket industry with a full offering of kits and products to meet each local market’s need. We accomplish this with a dedicated global team that respects one another, shows humility through continuous learning and acts like owners in everything we do.
Apply to become a member of the team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Inventory investment in accordance with established fill rate objectives for particular supplier.
- Provide short and long-term aggregate requirements to suppliers via monthly supply plans
- Implement and maintain ABC ordering logic and philosophy with ALL existing and new suppliers.
- Review ABC volume by supplier semi-annually (minimum and log latest update)
- Issue inventory replenishments orders to both Dayco and third-party suppliers.
- Support and inform immediate supervisor in all “need-to-know” issues as it relates to meetings, sourcing changes, potential developing problems and events, suppler problem areas, out of “norm” situations, etc.
- Replenishment past-due units and lines for suppler (goal is zero). Maintain supplier adherence to issued due-dates.
- Maintain replenishment orders through expediting or de-expediting of product and maintain system dates.
- Maintain all DRP ordering parameters at 100% accuracy within DRP.
- Lead-time realistic / current (high integrity) All components of lead-time including freight considerations and Coin system considerations.
- Incorporate freight options into supplier replenishment cycles and lead-times to reduce freight costs while working with traffic, suppliers, and our distribution centers.
- SKU – Coin and DRP record maintenance as it pertains to inventory parameters.
- Communicate SKU level or problem areas to Demand Planning (forecasting) for review [provide realistic requests].
- New products availability by need date
- Communicate supply problem areas to corresponding departments and persons to insure good knowledge transfer. IE: Customer service for communication to customers or distribution as it relates to potential impact to operations
- Two or more years of experience in the supply chain field
- Exhibit proficiency in the planning and forecasting
- Has strong knowledge of the planning systems
- Strong excel skills