Oversees and supervises warehouse employees and drivers to make sure all outgoing product is prepared, shipped and received on time to Dayco’s customers.
· Coordinate departmental cross training and employee development activities to ensure coverage for all during an absence.
· Evaluate the performance of direct reports helping to set goals and objectives to insure employee development along with maintaining records of each employee regarding absenteeism and vacation.
· Administer and implement approved policies and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
· Assist in communicating and request services from truck lines, freight forwarders, and brokers for outbound shipments.
· Inspect loading procedures, ensure shipping specification are in compliance with company standards.
· Manage shipping orders and invoices to ensure correct methods are used.
· Assist and perform special duties as requested by the Outbound Manager.
· Administer shipping paperwork to verify accurate and timely delivery to the customer.
· Administers company personnel policies.
· Responsible for daily departmental meetings.
· Assist in drafting, issuing and approving work instructions.
· Abide by all environmental, health and safety rules to ensure safety for all employees.
Participate in weekly team meetings to strive for continuous improvement throughout the plant and serve as a team member on cross-functional teams as necessary.
· Implementation of lean manufacturing by elimination of wastes and embracing best practices
· Backfill Picking and Parcel Supervisor positions as needed.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience as Parcel Supervisor
Must be able to communicate in a knowledgeable and professional manner with employees, leadership and customers
Must be able to react to customer requirements in a positive and efficient manner
Must have demonstrated ability to make swift decisions that benefit the business
Demonstrated success in leading people and change
Ability to investigate the latest phases of modern material handling procedures and provide recommendations for continuous improvement within the distribution center
Características del Puesto
|Categoría de Puesto||Logistics, Manufacturing, Supply Chain|