This position assists Internal and External Customers in the application of Dayco Products by the provision of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Division & competitor product interchanges and technical assistance; perform failed product analysis and reporting; develop product applications for Dayco Product Catalogs.
Provide internal and external customer support on specific Dayco Products and applications. Responsible for all aspects of product application and technical support for Aftermarket belts, hoses, and tensioners.
- Perform technical analysis on warranty claims received by Customers
- Send warranty claims reports to customer
- Where required, issue 8D reports for failed parts
- Keep record of warranty claims
- Perform statistical analysis on warranty claims Development & maintenance of competitive product interchanges.
- Assist in arranging lab tests and durability tests
- Interchange of Original Equipment products to Dayco Products
- Provide technical assistance to sales, marketing, cataloging, product management and user customers.
- Assist with application survey for catalog application development
- Analyze and rebut competitor sales propaganda
- Contribute to technical practices for trade journals, press releases, Sales Information Bulletins (SIB’s), etc.
- Recommend new products additions to product lines
- Special projects as assigned by management
- 5+ years experience in product application survey and exposure to product performance problems
- 5+ years with technical analysis on warranty claims
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic mechanical skills relating to automotive applications essential to this job
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Product Applications
- Knowledge of Dayco and Competitor’s products & catalogs
- 5+ years experience with product application and technical support with Aftermarket belts, hoses, and tensioners
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Quality|