Dayco at a glance: leader in the research, design, manufacture and distribution of essential engine drive systems and aftermarket services for automotive. Our Key numbers: 115 years of experience, 40 locations in 22 countries, solid financial background, a clear direction into the future. These are the keys for our global success.
Dayco Ivrea – R&D new position!
The job consists in the definition, in the set-up and in the realization of functional and durability tests on both Dayco and competitor’s components and in the successive analysis of the acquired data. These functional and durability tests/measurement are performed on FEADs, on TBDs and on their single components (pulleys, dampers, de-couplers, tensioners and belts).
The test engineer performs the Functional Measurements and analyze the Durability Log Sheets on projects/products. Performed Measurement & Tests are defined according to the Design and Verification Plan (DVP).
Essential Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of previous experience in similar tasks, and in structured companies
- Master’s degree – Mechanical Engineering or equivalent title
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems dynamics and vibrations
- Basic knowledge of mechanical measurements
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods
- Basic knowledge of ICE (internal combustion engines)
- Experience and knowledge of mechatronics, engine control units and high-precision control systems are an advantage
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Manual capabilities and attitude for manual work (not only intellectual)
Soft Skills & Requirements
- Available to business travel a lot
- Accuracy in performing tasks
- Problem solving attitude
- Stress resistance