- The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the annual sales objectives of a specific geographic area scheduling balanced and effective timelines to cover all areas, as required by management, while focused on customer needs
- Travel regularly within assigned geography and develop relationships with existing or prospect customers to promote brand, products, services or promotions.
- Provincial travel will be required several times throughout the year.
- Provide information regarding products and promotions to customers ensuring the Dayco brand is represented within company policies and standards. Encourage customer participation in sales and marketing promotions via electronic or hard copy.
- The incumbent provides a high standard of service to all customers including inventory updates, store displays, staff training/clinics and sales support, warranty responsibility and performing fleet surveys.
- Represents the company at Trade Shows and Customer Events, upon request.
- Assist other company representatives with changeovers and meetings when available, and request the same.
- Responsible for building the sale of products by seeking out new customers and continually adding to the customer base.
- Advise District Sales Manager of industry trends, local or new competitors and potential sales or marketing opportunities.
- The Territory Sales Manager communicates on a regular basis with Distributors to coordinate their inventory to sales.
- The incumbent is required to develop a schedule of sales calls to promote the sale of all product lines. The incumbent is required to maintain all customer information and call updates in the company CRM program and regularly perform housekeeping maintenance to ensure accuracy.
- The Territory Sales Manager obtains information regarding changes in customer status; competitor’s activities or promotions; new industry trends or market opportunities, and provides management with recommendations.
- The Territory Sales Manager assists clients to “change over” to Dayco by disposing of competitor products, developing and implementing a stocking plan and procedure.
- The incumbent plans and controls travel and related territory sales expenses to ensure a profitable ratio between costs and sales as per budget.
|Educational Experience: ☐ High School Diploma ☒ Community College Diploma x Bachelor’s Degree ☐ Master’s Degree|
|Field of Study/Technical Certifications:||Class “A” mechanical certificate, an asset|
|Minimum # of Years of Experience:||1|
|Required PC Skills:||☒ Word ☒ Excel ☒ PowerPoint ☐ Access ☒ Other: CRM ie Salesforce.com|
|Required Technical Skills:||
This position offers a monthly car allowance, annual incentive program, vacation, pension and excellent benefit package.