1. Demonstrated mastery of the Systems Analyst duties and responsibilities that follow and can successfully operate on complex applications or tasks and incorporates multiple areas of responsibilities into each duty.
– Demonstrates the ability to understand problems or business opportunities in their area of responsibility and can gather, document and analyze relevant requirements.
– Converts business requirements or specifications obtained from analysis into technical specifications for their area of responsibility. May develop or participate in the development of specifications and proposals.
– Uses the knowledge and experience from past technical environments, creativity and communication skills to design and document a cost-effective system solution that will meet identified business requirements.
– Designs and develops programming for their assigned area that adheres to team standards and promotes flexibility necessary to meet future business needs.
– Demonstrates competence in the ability to develop alternative solutions for recommendation to management.
– Generates and maintains estimates of programming, testing and implementation effort for all assigned development and support activities.
– Defines and controls the scope of the systems support or development tasks for their assigned area and supports the high-level project or resource plan.
– Demonstrates expertise developing and successfully executing unit test plans that strive to completely exercise individual programming changes.
– Assists in the development, documentation and implementation of system wide test plans or conference room pilots that address complete system design requirements, identification of user test data and provides test cases of appropriate size and scope.
– Proactively addresses production support issues, tracks and analyses issues providing recommendations for improvement to IT management.
– Performs application analysis, design, programming, systems development and support for applications or sub-systems or modules belonging to highly complex enterprise systems.
– Identifies documents, tracks and proactively resolves production problems through developing and implementing appropriate program changes or through coordination with the software suppliers to obtain and implements patches necessary to restore system functionality.
– Analyses the current business environment and documents new business requirements and defines solutions within their area of responsibility that meet currently identified business needs and has the flexibility to accommodate future changes.
– Captures defined metrics, adhere to issues and risk management processes, adhere to and supports change management process, and adheres to and supports the time tracking process used by the assigned application group, team leadership, IT management or plant organization.
– Is competent in the use of modeling and documentation techniques demonstrates successful use in documenting data elements and processes identified in requirements and analysis phases.
– Develops and evaluates alternative system solutions to meet business requirements, assist in developing a cost – benefit analysis and making recommendations to team leaders or IT management.
– Determines and documents the impact of proposed change, system software or hardware upgrades, on the business processes, computer system and infrastructure in their area of responsibility, and makes appropriate plans and or recommendations.
– Suggests and implements document controls, audit trails, security requirements, plans and decisions.
– Establishes target dates and goals for all tasks necessary to execute their responsibilities.
– Defines and implements test plans, including the creation of test data and the definition and verification of the test environment suitable for their area of responsibility.
– Maintains hardware and software in the production environment for assigned areas.
– Prepares for, presents to, and participates in design walk-though.
– Understands and may use systems methodology and has the ability to adapt to the methodology used by the particular group or groups to which support is provided.
2. Supports estimating, forecasting, budgeting, tracking and control of economics across multiple areas of responsibility.
3. Assists with development of project management deliverables required to support a system change request for proposal or quotation.
4. Defines and assigns tasks to co-workers, conducting plan reviews, preparing systems development related documentation, and monitoring cost and resource estimates.
5. Develops and delivers presentations as a technical expert.
6. Mentors team members and business users on current technology and methods.
|Job Category||Information Technology|