BASIC FUNCTION: (General summary of the job, level of skill, level of responsibility)
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for the daily maintenance of the Account. They will work with Engineering and Manufacturing Operations to create and implement strategies for maximizing current business and obtaining new business at the assigned OEM(s). This position must conform to company and divisional guidelines pertaining to profit margins, capital, engineering, and manufacturing resources. Adequate authority and receives adequate guidance to make decisions necessary to ensure the proper job function. Deviations to normal procedures are well received by divisional management if properly presented. The position functions as a member of an aggressive and self-motivated team that reports to the Director of Sales & Engineering. They will take a leadership role in the coordination of new business opportunities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Identify essential functions and responsibilities)
- Represent the company in a professional, positive manner through personal visitation, communication, and a sense of ownership to instill trust and confidence in the customer.
- Develops (with input from cross-functional teams) and deploys comprehensive customer strategies that improve profitability and growth.
- Negotiates product pricing and related contracts and agreements.
- Articulates a clear understanding of our market share, competitive position, and profitability at each assigned account.
- Works in conjunction with sales management to deploy comprehensive pricing strategies which are market-driven, based on the value provided to the customer and competitive alternatives.
- Develops and deploys the customer interface strategy (points of contact, frequency) and builds a strong rapport with key decision makers, developing coaches and sponsors, as necessary.
- Develops proactive new business opportunity (NBO) plans, tracking and recording progress toward sales objectives.
- Monitors market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments, and funnels relevant information to the appropriate sales management for consolidation in our market sensing process.
- Takes ownership of total customer satisfaction, monitoring our performance on key supplier metrics and pursuing corrective action plans as appropriate.
- Develops sales forecasts for use in Business Planning and monitors market trends throughout the year for use in monthly forecast adjustments.
- Provides global coordination on customer issues where required.
- Complies with contract review procedures and Dayco commercial policies.
- Periodic Tech Shows at customer sites, online, or at Industry Conventions.
- Key Competencies: Action Oriented, Conflict Management, Timely Decision Making, Motivating Others, Clear Communication, Sense of Ownership
- Regular travel to customer sites (pandemic protocols permitting) will be required. Travel requirements will be self-managed and can fluctuate based on the immediate needs of the customer, internal events, or budget. Most travel will be domestic, although the opportunity may exist for some international. Travel frequency is estimated to be 40% or less.
Educational Experience: Bachelor’s Degree
Field of Study/Technical Certifications: Business, Finance, and/or Engineering
Minimum # of Years of Experience: 5 years minimum Account Manager Experience.