Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacture and distribution of essential engine drive systems and aftermarket services for automotive, truck, construction, agriculture, and industrial applications.
Dayco has an exciting job opportunity for a Senior Account Manager, that will be part of the Troy, Michigan Sales Team.
The Senior Account Manager works for the Global Key Account Director and has overall commercial responsibility for one or more of the Account’s customers. The responsibility is broader than an Account Manager and differs in terms of technical depth, complexity, importance, size, or scope of customer.
Responsible for the daily maintenance of the Account. Works with Engineering and Manufacturing Operations to create and implement strategies for maximizing current business and obtaining new business at the assigned OEM(s). Takes a leadership role in coordination of new business quotations.
Action Oriented, Timely Decision Making, Motivating Others, Clear Communication, Conflict Management
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, and/or Engineering)
• Two (2) year minimum Account Manager experience
• Minimum (5) years’ experience in the Powertrain segment, either with light or commercial vehicle market (Sales, Product Development, or Program Management)
• Technically astute with specific knowledge in accessory drives, power transfer, and torsional dampers
• Finance skills beneficial (cost break down, amortization, etc.)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Represent the company in a professional, positive manner.
• Develops (with input from cross-functional teams) and deploys comprehensive customer strategies that improve the profitability and growth.
• Articulates a clear understanding of our market share, competitive position, and profitability at each assigned account.
• Works in conjunction with sales management to deploy comprehensive pricing strategies which are market driven, based on value provided the customer and competitive alternatives.
• Develops and deploys the customer interface strategy (points of contact, frequency) and builds strong rapport with key decision makers, developing coaches and sponsors, as necessary.
• Develops proactive new business opportunity (NBO) plans, tracking and recording progress toward sales objectives.
• Monitors market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments and funnels relevant information to the appropriate sales management for consolidation in our market sensing process.
• Takes ownership of total customer satisfaction, monitoring our performance on key supplier metrics and pursuing corrective action plans as appropriate.
• Develops sales forecasts for use in the Business Planning and monitors market trends throughout the year for use in monthly forecast adjustments.
• Provides global coordination on customer issues where required.
• Complies with contract review procedures and Dayco commercial policies.
• Periodic Tech Shows at customer sites, online, or at Industry Conventions.
• Regular travel to customer sites (pandemic protocols permitting), less than 30% travel.