This position is part of the material development engineering group. He applies the engineering standards guidelines with the support of the regional team. Main goals are support the competitively of the products family and create link between the global R&D and regional center.
The Rubber Technologist is accountable for the design, development and validation of rubber formulation to meet customer requirement. Frequent, clear and credible communication is necessary throughout these projects to efficiently coordinate efforts and appropriately inform and support other team members.
The Rubber Technologist is also accountable for tests and analysis of materials, semi-finished parts and components to make sure they meet all specifications, ensure manufacturability, an avoid harsh operating conditions in the field. The incumbent provides guidance to test technicians to ensure that test data meets the standard requirements and deadlines.
- Rubber formulation development
- Raw materials supplier development
- Technological laboratory coordination
- Compound properties characterization
- Rubber mixing and injection molding process set up
- Rubber and rubber part specification editing
- Competitor materials and parts benchmarking
- Industrialization of rubber mixing process
- Industrialization of rubber parts injection molding process
- Technical support to production plants, suppliers, quality department and customers
- Customer specification editing
Essential Qualifications and experiences
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Working experience min. 3 years in rubber industry in similar role.
- Requires a thorough understanding of problem-solving techniques (DOE, DFMEA, robust design, etc.).
- Ability to design/analyze various kinds of component and provide failure analysis from field result.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate with company functions, customers, suppliers.
- Fluent in English
- Expert in Powerpoint/Office/Excel/
This announcement is addressed to both sexes (Decree No. 198/2006). Please quote your consent to the processing of personal information in your application, pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 (Privacy).