The position will be part of the materials Research and Development group in order to develop the rubber compounds formulations and develop injection and/or compression molding processes according to customer requirements of automotive applications.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Development: develop rubber compounds with the aim to optimize their performance.
- Develop/direct polymers and chemicals innovation with suppliers.
- Develop compound mixing and process technology .
- Analyse the characteristics of new materials and their processability
- Enhance the properties of innovative materials with raw material suppliers.
Compound Realization: oversee all mixing and compounds characterization activities.
- Decide the compound ingredients and for each ingredient defines amount, sequence, machine and the processing times.
- Supervise the preparation of the compound and the characterization tests.
- Coordinate the activities of the Technological Laboratory.
Compound Evaluation: define the compound requirements for application lines with Product and Research & Development dept.
- Establish variants needed to achieve the performance target and development timelines.
- Collaborate with compound production to define and realize the test compounds on an industrial scale and evaluate the outcome of industrialization.
Industrialization: Assist compounds industrialization phases in the initial setting of process conditions.
Competitor analysis: check the performance and materials in competitors’ products and coordinate the activities of the chemical laboratory.
Advanced Research: research of the innovation in materials, application and processes.
Required Qualifications and Experiences
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience in the rubber industry in analogous roles.
- A in-depth knowledge of Problem solving techniques: Design of Experiments (DOE), Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) is required.
- Ability to design/analyze various types of components and provide failure analysis through results in the field.
- Good interpersonal skills to converse with business functions, customers, suppliers.
- Fluent English.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Office, Excel.
This announcement is addressed to both sexes (Decree No. 198/2006). Please quote your consent to the processing of personal information in your application, pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 (Privacy).