Let’s Make a Move Together! Join Our Team!
Nothing is more critical to human progress than movement. Today, Dayco is part of a global moving economy- a dynamic flow of people, products, systems and relationships. We are steadfast in pushing boundaries of endurance for the vehicles of tomorrow. Dayco’s world class global distribution network services the aftermarket industry with a full offering of kits and products to meet each local market’s need. We accomplish this with a dedicated global team that respects one another, shows humility through continuous learning and acts like owners in everything we do.
Supervise overall daily warehouse management of Receiving department to monitor employee productivity and receiving of goods. Ensure accurate and timely material handling processes of all orders with maximum efficiency and effective coaching methods throughout the operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead Receiving team to ensure efficient daily activities by monitoring/managing and prioritizing production tasks, setting departmental goals/objectives, identifying key metrics, and tracking as necessary.
- Plan and schedule work to keep department operating according to customer orders and special requests.
- Ensure the required daily number of workers are accounted, and work with other supervisors in resource planning and coordinating.
- Support manager in establishing and meeting team targets/KPIs/guidelines/objectives for overall planning and monitoring of team requirements to company standards
- Support team in planning work schedules, budgeting, reviewing team reports/records/applications for requirements/accuracy, as needed
- Keep accurate account and records of shipments received
- Check incoming deliveries for quality, accuracy, and other requirements
- Supervise the receiving of product, materials, supplies and other goods delivered
- Work with Inventory to research products that are unavailable, missing, or stored incorrectly
- Coordinate communication with carriers, inbound scheduling, and warehouse management
- Work with other departments to maintain the inbound workflow process
- Arrange daily/weekly meetings with staff as appropriate to review overall team/individual performance.
- Interdepartmental follow-up communications regarding customer requirements
- Manage receiving priorities and resolve discrepancies with inventory teams and other internal personnel, as needed
- Support quality control (QC) by identifying areas of concern/improvement
- Coordinate Health & Safety activities with site EHS Manager to ensure worker safety and housekeeping standards are upheld.
- Conduct daily shift start-up meetings to discuss results and to review expected workload for the day.
- Supervise, coach, train, and provide effective feedback to department employees on performance, behavior, and attendance.
- Fulfill all administrative requirements, including but not limited to reconciling employee timecards, reviewing employee attendance, and maintaining records (vacation/PTO), training/cross-training, onboarding, etc.
- Follow the progressive disciple process to correct any employee behavior, performance, and attendance issues.
- Work with IT to resolve any system issues that cause delay or disruptions with team processes
- Manage escalated and sensitive issues as needed by providing clear direction and/or working with other internal teams to provide timely solutions.
- Work effectively with other departments when assistance is needed on new system changes, process implementations, etc.
- Actively participate in weekly or semi-monthly departmental meetings or trainings.
- Consistently incorporates company mission, values, and Principles & Strategies within team communication and plans team activities accordingly
- Observe and evaluate workers’ performance using performance management tools
- Understands and incorporates company policies/procedures as related to team function and human resources
- Encourages and empowers staff to resolve issues together and by “act like an owner”
- Supports in planning/developing improved procedures/processes
- Backfill other Supervisors as needed.
- Assist and perform special duties as requested by the Warehouse Operations Manager
- Implementation of lean manufacturing by elimination of wastes and embracing best practices.
- Supervise the daily 5S department and other warehouse areas as assigned
- Other duties responsibilities as required
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to make informed business decisions
- Must be able to analyze data and think strategically
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency