The Program Manager’s role is responsible or global program management of the assigned program(s) throughout the entire product life cycle (from pre-acquisition through end of production schedule), providing customer support and taking full program management ownership of related activities that fall within other departments or organizational structures (quoting, purchasing, product engineering, supplier identification, launch and post-production). This positions primary objective is to lead the timing, target deadlines, scope, financial results and quality for the program(s).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties to include: (1) complete ownership of assigned operational projects(s) from concept to completion, (2) project P&L responsibility, (3) create/drive project via master program timing plans, and (4) leads successful transfer and implementation of tooling/equipment into designated manufacturing locations.
- Provide clear, detailed and effective communication of program issues and status with internal/external customers on a regular basis during the entire project lifecycle.
- Establish solid relationships with key customer contacts responsible for the decision-making progress.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to the scope are documented and approved by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Prepare and conduct program review status meetings for the management team including open issues, activity owner, promise dates, etc.
- Clear understanding of technical terms internally, the customer’s business as well as their associated terminology.
- Responsible for project closure, lessons learned and project hand over to lead plant.
Knowledge & Experience:
A degree in business or engineering is preferred
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in engineering, quality, manufacturing, purchasing or related field
Proficiency using Microsoft Suite
Strong analytical skills is required – with the ability to identify issues, develop solutions and drive resolution.
Must have solid history of excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
Must be detail-oriented and extremely accurate
Previous experience working in a plant operations role is preferred
|Job Category||Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain|