Dayco has an exciting job opportunity for you to work as a Production Supervisor on 3rd shift at the Williston, SC Manufacturing Facility. Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacturing, and distribution of essential engine products, drive systems and services for automobiles, trucks, construction, agriculture, and industry.
To manage and control quality, production, safety and material scrap at the lowest cost in order to achieve department goals within the guidelines of company policies.
- Inventory materials periodically to ensure material is available for consistent product flow through department.
- Check materials for quality within company standards for optimum finished scrap reduction.
- Communicate with employees on any problems encountered and communicate any changes.
- Be available to listen to employee problems and aid in problems solving to boost employee morale.
- Monitor mechanical processes within department to correct manufacturing problems before product is moved to next process.
- Schedule process flow by communicating with supervisor in department providing our materials and with supervisor we provide materials to, to be processed.
- Ensure the product is being processed as the schedule dictates to insure on time delivery to the customer.
- Establish a desirable working environment through 5S principles on the shop floor.
- Abide by all environmental, health and safety rules to ensure safety for all employees.
- Participate in monthly team meetings to strive for continuous improvement throughout the plant and serve as a team member on cross-functional teams as necessary.
- Accountable for maintaining a safe environment of all of associates.
- Conduct layered audits and respond with corrective action when needed
Essential Qualifications and experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
5-7 years of previous experience in similar tasks, and in structured companies.
Technical & Soft Skills
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Internal and External Contacts
Communication with employees and fellow supervisors on a daily basis. Member and/or leader of committees to establish correct methods, cost reduction, quality products and safety.