If you are a Product Engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Dayco has an exciting opportunity right now! Based nearby Ivrea, in our European and historical headquarter, you will work with a tight-knit team of young and motivated Product Engineers, reporting to the Global Product Leader. Our challenge for this 2021 is to develop and reinforce our Research and Development Engineering Team in Italy, to create and foster our current and future product portfolio in this ever-changing scenario that distinguishes the automotive industry.You will develop/execute the project for the design and development of Powertrain components to meet customer requirement. Will work closely with testing, laboratory and prototype R&D department and also Application Engineer, Sales and Marketing. Reporting to Lead Engineer.
Dayco at a glance: leader in the research, design, manufacture and distribution of essential engine drive systems and aftermarket services for automotive. Our Key numbers: 110 years of experience, 40 locations in 21 countries, solid financial background, a clear direction into the future. These are the keys for our global success.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in portfolio management for assigned products/product lines
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge applicable to assigned products/product lines.
- Develop familiarity with the competition, their products, and their markets.
- Test the products to make sure they meet all specifications, ensure manufacturability, an avoid harsh operating conditions in the field.
- Develop and specify test procedures and provides guidance to test technicians to ensure that test data meets the standard requirements and deadlines.
- Support the team defining with the Lead Engineer product design standards from conceptual sketch to production ready status.
- Demonstrate high commitment and effective ability to create and foster frequent, clear and credible communication, that is necessary throughout these projects to efficiently coordinate efforts and appropriately inform other team members.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in an engineering (Mechanical or Automotive preferred).
- Strong capacities in executive blueprints creation, process and quality control understanding.
- A deep understanding of problem-solving techniques (DOE, DFMEA, robust design, etc.).
- Knowledge of combustion engine design.
- Ability to design/analyze various kinds of component and provide failure analysis from field result.
- Expertise in Cad systems (PROE preferred)/Powerpoint/Office/Excel/
- Good interpersonal kills to communicate with company functions, customers, suppliers.
- Fluent English and a real commitment to interact with a global team
Work Location: Ivrea (TO)
What we offer: a permanent and full-time contract, a dynamic and fast growing business, a lean organization where you have the chance to be visible and appreciated by the top management, company financial health, a global approach to people management.