This position is part of the engineering group. He applies the engineering standards guidelines with the support of the regional team. Main goals are support the competitively of the products family and create link between the global R&D and regional center.
The Product Engineer is accountable for the design, development of rigid components to meet customer requirement. Frequent, clear and credible communication is necessary throughout these projects to efficiently coordinate efforts and appropriately inform other team members.
The RCC Product Engineer is also accountable for the analysis of component, test the products to make sure they meet all specifications, ensure manufacturability, an avoid harsh operating conditions in the field. The incumbent develops and specifies test procedures and provides guidance to test technicians to ensure that test data meets the standard requirements and deadlines.
The incumbent supports the team defining with the Lead Engineer product design standards from conceptual sketch to production ready status.
- Analyze the products to meet the requirements relating to feasibility, competitiveness and quality.
- Propose and develop the first concept of manufacturing flow in team with manufacturing engineers, deep knowledge of machinery and process is required
- Operate within established timelines.
- Identify failure modes, occurrence rates and conduct design FMEA
- Inspect, test, analyze, consult and report relevant failure information with suppliers, and other interested parties.
- Knowledge of NVH and vibration engineering is preferable
- Investigate and bring to market new materials and technologies, to maintain long term product line competitiveness.
- Credibly present technical material in both formal and informal settings to inform team members, suppliers and management via project status reviews, design reviews, written reports and oral presentations.
- Maintain contact with other functional groups to assure coordination and accomplishment of technical objectives.
- Support the lead engineer in formal problem solving as necessary.
- Support the lead engineer in benchmarking analysis on competitors innovation or any other relevant products.
- Realize conceptual 3D models feasibility check
- Make basis simulation for product definition
- Import/export 3D Cad data, packaging check in accordance with customer engine models.
- Define the product BOM
- Preliminary 3D models for customer crosscheck.
- Interfaces with internal functions and internal or external suppliers for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Realize 3D model of system assembly according to system parameters defined during design engineering activities (calculations, simulations)
- Design components, subassembly and assembly according FMEA function and parameters
- Realize assembly blueprints according to DAYCO standard with relevant information system behavior
- Realize executive blueprints of new components and significant subassembly according to DAYCO standard
Essential Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in an engineering (Mechanical or Automotive preferred).
- Working experience min. 3 years in similar role
- Requires skills in executive blueprints creation, process and quality control understanding
- Requires a thorough understanding of problem-solving techniques (DOE, DFMEA, robust design, etc.).
- Ability to design/analyze various kinds of component and provide failure analysis from field result.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate with company functions, customers, suppliers.
- Fluent in English
- Expert in Cad systems (PROE preferred)/Powerpoint/Office/Excel/
This announcement is addressed to both sexes (Decree No. 198/2006). Please quote your consent to the processing of personal information in your application, pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/2003 (Privacy).