• Coordinate departmental cross training and employee development activities to ensure coverage for all during an absence.
• Evaluate the performance of direct reports helping to set goals and objectives to insure employee development along with maintaining records of each employee regarding absenteeism and vacation.
• Pick stock from shelves ensuring all picking notes are fulfilled in a timely fashion
• Pack good neatly and safely, seal pallets, weigh and label goods ready for secure shipment
• Administer and implement approved policies and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
• Ensure the productivity of section colleagues with the objection of meeting service delivery targets/deadlines
• In conjunction with the Line Manager, ensure that all orders are shipped to customers, quickly and accurately
• Assist and perform special duties as requested by the Outbound Manager.
• Administer shipping paperwork to verify accurate and timely delivery to the customer.
• Administers company personnel policies.
• Responsible for daily departmental meetings.
• Assist in drafting, issuing and approving work instructions.
• Abide by all environmental, health and safety rules to ensure safety for all employees.
Participate in weekly team meetings to strive for continuous improvement throughout the plant and serve as a team member on cross-functional teams as necessary.
• Implementation of lean manufacturing by elimination of wastes and embracing best practices.
• Backfill Picking and Parcel Supervisor positions as needed.