Position: Deputy Manager-Materials R&D Grade: Level-2
Department: RD & E Reporting: Department Head
- Shall be responsible for development of prototype product designs and collaboratively with partners, customers, and consultants.
- Candidate should hands-on experience in Regulation.
- Candidate will be responsible to study and analyses the material grades and material proposal from suppliers. He should also understand the Material STD needs under Dayco.
- Knowledge needed in Rubber, Ferrous alloys Aluminum, Plastic etc.
- Candidate should have knowledge about IMDS (International Material Data System) Candidate should have knowledge about metallurgical testing and non-destructive examinations builds.
- material certifications process for Dayco global projects.
- Preferred the knowledge of component DFMEA.
- Should know field issue resolution with part teardowns. Cost reduction and VAVE experience.
- Candidate should work closely with cross functions like purchasing, quality, project, ME etc.
- Candidate should possess good knowledge in GD&T in terms of drawing reading.
- Should be flexible to work on new engine parts. Should have experience in supplier tech. reviews.
- Should know REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals):
- To identify and manage the risks linked to the substances we manufacture and markets globally.
- Presence of metallic Pb and declaration while working with supply chain.
- To work for MDS( from suppliers. Must be checked to verify if they are compliant to our drawing requirements.
- Need skills in ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- Technical Skills
- Ansys & Creo 2.0/3.0 (Preferential)
- MS Office
- Product Data Management (PTC Windchill link)
- Data Management System (DMS)
- Project Management.
- Engineering Basics (GD&T, stack up analysis, engineering analysis systems, etc.)
- Should have active English communication skills (speaking, listening and presentations)
- Should be perfect in using MS -Office Tools like Power Point, Excel Etc.
- Candidate should be result oriented & customer focused.
- Should be self-motivated with fluent English.
Qualification : B. Tech (Metallurgy)
Experience : 6 Years or Above
Industry : Engineering /Automotive
Work Timing: Need flexible working hours as per European & US Timing.
Preference shall be given to candidate with background in the Engine Components development process.
Candidate with Metallurgy experience is a must.