This exciting opportunity at Dayco Products will develop, co-ordinate and implement sales strategies and tactics to penetrate the US Industrial aftermarket channel and the specialty marketplace to acquire new business. The incumbent will be expected to utilize sales experience and educational background to work within a team environment to research and create targeted sales strategies, customer support, pricing, promotions and various pieces of marketing collateral. The position will also be required to have thorough knowledge of new and existing Industrial products and pricing strategies. The role will require travel for up to 75% of the time and must be located close to a major US airport hub.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Drive new business in the incumbent’s area by seeking out new customers and continually adding to the customer base.
2. Responsible for achieving annual sales deliverables as assigned by management.
3. Promote brand, products, services and/or promotions by within assigned territory and develop relationships with existing or prospect customers.
4. Provide information regarding products and promotions to prospects or existing customers by ensuring the Dayco brand is represented within company policies and standards.
5. Encourage customer participation in sales and marketing promotions via electronic channels or hard copy.
6. Provide a high standard of service to all customers including inventory updates, store displays, staff training/clinics and sales support, warranty responsibility and performing fleet surveys.
7. Represent the company at US trade shows and customer events, upon request.
8. Make joint sales calls with US sales team upon request from Director.
9. Assist clients and other company representatives with changeovers by disposing of competitor products, developing and implementing a stocking plan and procedure.
10. Communicate with Distributors on a regular basis to coordinate inventory to sales.
11. Work with external sales agencies to develop customer relationships and achieve sales targets.
12. Develop a schedule of sales calls to promote the sale of all product lines, maintain all customer information and call updates in the company CRM program, and regularly perform housekeeping maintenance to ensure accuracy.
13. Obtain information regarding changes in customer status; competitor’s activities or promotions; new industry trends or market opportunities and provides management with recommendations.
14. Plan and control travel and related territory sales expenses to ensure a profitable ratio between costs and sales as per budget.
15. Responsible for determining product needs for the marketplace through customer profiling, understanding seasonal impacts, and competitive activities.
16. Analyze and update product and customer database in COIN system to ensure accuracy of data.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Industrial Aftermarket Sales
- University or college education in Business, Engineering, or related subject.
- Proven Sales record and strategies to develop new business, identify and sell to customer based on their needs
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand customer needs
- Strong record of effective presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management Software (Salesforce)
- Natural leader and hunter mentality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Adaptable and creative
- Results driven with good sense of urgency
- Always on the lookout for continuous improvement in themselves, the team, processes