Develops, plans, directs and coordinates human resource activities aligned with business strategies, corporate guidelines, and legal requirements. Lead the HR and environmental, health and safety (EHS) teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead implementation of people-related services, policies and programs locally. Assist and advise plant leadership and managers on human resources issues.
- Coach employees and managers on correct interpretation and administration of Dayco HR policy.
- Interact with and support line managers, supervisors and employees in production and front office.
- Investigate and resolve employee concerns and complaints.
- Manage the employment process for the location including recruitment, selection, offers of employment, relocation, pre-employment screening, and new hire onboarding process in compliance with company policy and government regulation.
- Coordinate with corporate Human Resources on benefit administration, compensation and other centrally run programs such as performance review and employee surveys.
- Administer compensation and benefits programs for the sites. This includes working with the corporate team to determine competitive wage levels, assigning jobs to levels and maintaining records necessary for employee programs.
- Direct the review and adjustment of salaries within the established compensation system. This includes evaluations, increases, promotions and transfers.
- Work with local management to determine training and development needs. Recommend development activities and deliver programs to support employee and management development. Ensure alignment with all quality guidelines and requirements, including IATF, as well as company and plant policies and procedures.
- Administer payroll for hourly and salaried associates.
- Work with area temporary agencies to secure temporary associates as required by the business.
- Oversees and coordinates all necessary safety related tasks including training, inspections, internal and external audits, reporting and compliance with governmental regulations. Ensures compliance with all requirements of the OSHA and ISO management systems.
- Partner with corporate to ensure appropriate contracts are in place with relevant vendors and service providers.
- Represent the plant with state and federal agencies on issues including unemployment compensation, EEOC, OSHA, FLSA, FMLA, etc.
- Assess the internal employee climate, coach managers to identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Serve as member of the management team responsible for overall safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale and environment of the plant.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Diverse general human resource knowledge including labor and employment laws, legislative requirements, global and plant HR experience along with extensive experience in talent acquisition, performance management, succession planning, training, immigration, bonus schemes, policy administration and general HR administration
- HR Certification a plus
|Job Category||Human Resources|