BASIC FUNCTION: (General summary of the job, level of skill, level of responsibility)
Performs Human Resources related duties at a professional level. The responsibilities for this position can include: recruiting and staffing, the onboarding process, benefit administration, training, affirmative action plans, performance reviews, merit increases, employee relations and managing government compliance activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Identify essential functions and responsibilities)
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Assists in the development of personnel policies and procedures, and prepares and maintains employee handbook
- Recruits, interviews, and staffs hourly open positions
- Manages the onboarding process (ADP Data Entry, IT requisition)
- Manages and represents company on all unemployment claims
- Manages FMLA leaves and Short-Term Disability for employees
- Supports in reviewing and investigating employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints and makes recommendation for resolution to HR Manager.
- Maintains Training Matrix for Hourly and Salary employees
- Addresses employee relations issues as they arise, including but not limited to, day-to-day questions/problems as related to employment or benefits, new hire orientation, termination/exit processing, processing of status changes and all site-related human resource functions
- Oversees hourly reviews and administration processes within corporate guidelines
- Maintains appropriate staffing level
- Assist in the development of corrective actions
- Completes and complies with any relevant customer specific requirements
This position has the authority to stop their process at any time in order to investigate a product, process, Environmental Management or Quality System nonconformance or to prevent suspect product from further processing. In addition, they are authorized to initiate action to prevent occurrence of nonconformances, identify and record problems, recommend solutions to non conformances found within their control and to verify the implementation of solutions. Lastly, this position has the authority to represent the needs of the customer in internal functions addressing IATF 16949 requirements that are within their control.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: (Minimum qualifications necessary to perform the job competently)
Field of Study/Technical Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field, PHR/SHRM certification a plus.
Minimum # of Years of Experience: Minimum 0-5 years’ experience in HR field, manufacturing setting experience preferred
Required PC Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Other: Kronos Workforce Central, ADP, CMS
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Daily communications with site management concerning Human Resources and training functions. Internal contact with all personnel on issues concerning benefits, wages, policies and procedures, and training.
External contact with corporate Human Resources, benefit administrators, local employment recruiters, government regulatory agencies, and area companies.