The HSE Manager will be responsible for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance at Dayco Abruzzo facilities.
- Maintains the Environment and Safety Management System in accordance with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Constantly carries out, directly and through scheduled inspections, checks and analyses on air emissions, water discharges, waste disposal, noise, etc. to verify compliance with applicable regulations.
- Identifies and explains to the entities concerned, if necessary, modifications and improvements to adjust to new regulations or requests from national authorities.
- Collaborates with the Energy Manager on energy efficiency, carbon footprint and environmental sustainability projects.
- According to the current regulations (Legislative Decree 81/2008) is responsible for the Prevention and Protection Service for Abruzzo’s establishments. He process, writes and updates the company’s risk assessment document and complies with all laws and regulations related to their application.
- Controls the conformity of the machineries to the legislative requirements in matter of safety.
- Constantly checks that workers’ exposure to chemical, physical and biological agents does not exceed legal thresholds.
- RELATIONSHIP WITH EXTERNAL ENTITIES
- Contacts autohorized institutions to control air emissions, noise, water discharges and waste disposal, for its application and compliance with current regulations.
- Interfaces with control and supervisory organizations (ARTA, VV.FF, ASL, etc.).
- Ensures the correct flow of information to the Supervisory Board in accordance with Corporate procedures (Legislative Decree 231/01).
- Manages contacts with environmental and safety suppliers.
- Gives feedback on new technical purchases related to the environment and safety, and verifies their suitability.
- Defines with the purchasing department the HSE technical specifications for machinery and personal protective equipment.
- STAFF TRAINING
- Collects training needs while also serving as a security trainer.
Required Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in the HSE functional area as RSPP in structured companies.
- Strong knowledge of environmental and health and safety basic regulatory and legal framework.
- Ability to communicate excellently either orally or in writing, to be able to effectively pass health and safety tips to colleagues and subordinates.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent English.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Office, Excel.