The NA Aftermarket Controller will be a motivated, proactive, and energetic leader with in-depth financial expertise and strong business acumen to drive results, continuous improvement and achievement of objectives alongside the NA Aftermarket leadership team. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to rapidly analyze complex situations with effective fact-based solutions. Well-versed in accounting and financial reporting/analysis. Hard working with a sense of pride in being part of a team who contributes to the success of the organization. Ability to work with minimal supervision and to effectively prioritize and schedule workload to meet requirements and deadlines. Possesses strong leadership capabilities to manage a high-functioning Finance team.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Finance & Accounting function within the Aftermarket Business Unit across North America, including A/P, A/R, budgeting, forecasting, P/L reporting, financial analysis, etc.
- Ensure the financial statements for US and Canada accurately represent the real economic & financial position in accordance with GAAP
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the financial results of the business
- Coordinate the interim and year-end audits including audit preparation and schedules as requested
- Review and monitor the actual results, quarterly financial forecasts and annual budget for the business unit
- Review and analyze profitability by part # and customer and identify pricing and cost savings opportunities
- Set financial targets, pricing, and forecasts for Sales Operations and work with Sales leadership in developing efficient processes for time and cost savings.
- Proactively participate and contribute to the development of the NA Aftermarket’s growth and profitability by developing an actionable plan in response to the goals and objectives set.
- Provide input and decision-making recommendations on all key commercial decisions – quoting, pricing, sourcing, capital investments
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new products, long term contracts and other financial projects.
- Drive working capital reductions / Monetize excess & obsolete inventory
- Ensure compliance with Internal Control Environment
- Ensure that IT Systems properly support all operational business needs
- Be an effective member of the Business Unit Leadership Team, challenge the team to deliver results, enact positive change, remove redundancies, and act on objectives.
- Be the effective leader of the team by upholding communication/feedback standards and proactively developing bench strength through succession planning, training, and employee development.
- Work with Global Financial team and Assistant NA Controller in implementing higher accounting standards and structure
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and assist with various projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- BS in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration required; MBA preferred, CPA certification preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience in a global manufacturing environment, particularly in US and Canada.
- Aftermarket business experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of technology including Microsoft Excel, PPT, and ERP software. Excellent working knowledge of GAAP
- Solid understanding of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statements) in a global business/environment.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills in interpreting financial reporting and applications
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with strong multi-tasking skills, organized and detail-oriented.
- A Leader personality with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement