Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacture, and distribution of essential engine drive systems and aftermarket services for automotive, truck, construction, agriculture, and industrial applications. We accomplish this with a dedicated global team that respects one another, shows humility through continuous learning, and acts like owners in everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Engineering Test Technician to join our North America Research Development and Engineering Facility in Roseville Michigan.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ Year Test Technician Experience
- Good mechanical skills (automotive mechanic, machine repair technician, or similar)
- Basic wiring skills DC & AC (No certification required)
- Familiar with a digital multimeter / voltmeter
- Basic computer skills (mostly excel)
- Great listening skills is a must
To support Lead Test Engineer, Test Engineers, and Senior Technicians in the pursuit of quality and accurate testing. Assists in the setting up, collecting of data and testing to be performed for validation against failure modes of concern reported in the FMEA or related documents. The incumbent is responsible for setting up tests as specified by engineering. To complete this effectively, may include fabricating bracketry, fixturing or include using external resources to obtain this through the purchasing procedures. The incumbent must also be capable of analyzing, troubleshooting, and checking the accuracy of the test setup using data collected for review by the Test Engineer.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps set up test (test equipment, engines, dynamometers, etc.) as requested by Engineering.
- Helps maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment used for testing (maintenance, and calibration).
- Have thorough understanding of test equipment used for testing.
- Fabricates and/or machine minor brackets or fixtures needed to support of testing.
- Basic wiring skills DC & AC.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Basic math skills (basic algebra, and basic trig.)
- Works with other lab personnel to maintain a professional environment in the laboratory.
- Be a contributing member to the test team working towards definition, measurement, and improvement of its processes.
- Evaluates failed components from tests as well as field return parts.
- Works with vendors in procuring materials, tools, fixtures, test equipment, calibration services and other services, as required.
- Makes decisions in the proper set up of tests to collect the appropriate data as directed by engineering.
- Receives guidance from the Test Engineer in what is to be measured and data to be collected. The incumbent also receives guidance from the Lead Technician and Senior Technician on what projects to be working on at any given time.
- Occasionally work unusual hours, as necessary. Salaried Non-Exempt Position – overtime paid for over 40 hours worked.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational Experience: High School Diploma
Minimum # of Years of Experience: 5 Years
PC Skills: Basic Excel
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.