Department: Program Management
Reporting: Department Head
• Responsible to co-ordinate for full program management ownership of program-related functional activities like purchasing, product engineering, quality, manufacturing / launch management, & finance/budget.
• Responsible for Owns program management through complete project life cycle from product development, supplier selection, launch, postproduction performance, & lessons learned utilizing the Global Program Management System.
• Own Program Management as process owner.
• Act as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
• Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Cooperate with GKAM (Global Key Account Manager) and cost estimation team to evaluate associated cost estimates and proposals preparation.
• Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems.
• Manages project budget and resources allocations.
• Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal
need for escalation.
• Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Dayco standards.
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
• Coordinates with GKAM (Global Key Account Manager), RD&E, SEM (System Engineer Manager) and LE (Lead Engineer) for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards (DPMP – Dayco Program Management Process).
• Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
• Proactively communicates with project members and business stakeholders on project progress towards business goals and address potential gaps/barriers. Actively participates in project reviews and project gate reviews.
• Supports RD&E with his technical expertise in understanding and evaluating materials/application needs through testing and prototyping. Translates market needs into clear technical requirements. Proposes pipeline programs to address these needs.
• Interfaces with intellectual property team to maintain and ensure Intellectual Property coverage in the scope of their projects.
• Ensures activities are compliant with safety requirements.
• Provides Innovation support info to internal RD&E teams who develop intellectual assets, technologies and partnerships.
• Directly interaction with the customer for the Part Development.
• Internal Brainstorming on all possible ideas of low-cost services.
• Coordination for the VA/VE activities.
• Time plan preparation & review at the defined intervals.
• Preparation of the proto samples.
• Coordination for the samples as per the customer requirement
• Daily program management throughout the program life cycle through windchill.
• Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress.
• Managing the program’s budget.
• Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements.
• Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies.
• Managing and utilizing resources across projects.
• Managing stakeholder’s communication.
• Coordination foe the lesson learnt during the part development & horizontal deployment for the same.
• Coordination for the management of the program documentations.
• Coordinate and supports the manufacturing Team in production builds, team meetings, plant-based customer reviews and critical production preparation activities.
• Strong computer skills is a must (especially Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel).
• Strong English languages skills is a must.
• Financial skills about Product cost structure, pay back, etc.
• Innovation and Project management knowledge (5/7 years)
• Get successful development experience as P0/P1 Project development (3/5 years)
• Knowledge and experience in Project Management methodologies
• Ability to plan and manage complex projects crossing over many departmental lines.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing Methodologies
• Effective communication skills, written and oral, to all levels of the organization (internal, customers, and suppliers)
• Must be self-directed, proactive, and able to take decisions in autonomy.
• Must be flexible to change.
• Strong organizational and communication skills is a must.
• Strong problem-solving skills is a must.
• Personal skills to manage and influence functional organizations.
Qualification : Diploma /B. Tech
Experience : Diploma (8 Years or Above), B. Tech (5 Years or Above)
Industry : Engineering /Automotive
Preference shall be given to candidate who has previous experience of working with customers like Ford, PSA, Cummins, JCB in the same role.