Position: Engineer-Aftermarket/Spare Part Division Grade: Level-3
Department: Aftermarket /Spare Parts Reports to: Senior Manager
- This position candidate shall be responsible for entire activities related to After Market/Spare Parts Division in Northern India Independently
- This position includes four broad areas of activity: coordination, product knowledge, selling & marketing and follow-up.
- This position reports directly to the Senior Manager – After Market in India.
- The Engineer will be accountable for developing new business within area under his/her responsibility and maintaining successful relationships with new and existing clients.
- The candidate must have good exposure of dealing with Aftermarket distributors
- Seek and appoint new dealers and distributors in his respective region/area of operations.
- Ensure achievement of targets for the area under his responsibility in terms of sales, and product mix. Carry out direct sales activities to customers in accordance with strategies agreed with his manager.
- Regularly visit the customers, dealers, distributors in order to collect information, which can assist in improved understanding of their needs, requests and market situation (e.g. stock rotation, statistic mix, competitors’ prices). Offer products, ranges and supply conditions suitable for the requirements of each specific geographic area.
- Visit different areas of the distribution network (spare parts retailers, workshops) to verify distribution operations (implementation of commercial/promotional policies by distributors); Evaluate the efficiency of commercial/promotional initiatives in comparison to those of competitors
- Provide technical/commercial support to the customer’s Sales force (joint visits) and implement technical/commercial courses (internal training).
- In accordance with the After Marketing department, define and initiate activities targeted at the customer / consumer for the maintenance / increase of product demand (advertising campaigns, mailings, catalogues, specific cross-references etc.)
- Carry out continuous analysis of competitors (price positioning, promotional and advertising activities, product offer) informing the Headquarters and recommending the consequent strategy for Dayco After Market.
- Analyse the opportunity for the launch of new product families in accordance with company strategy.
- Take care of customer’s complaints and warranty claims: assure the related follow up. Provide a first answer to product failures, co-ordinate technical report from R&D / Quality Dept. if necessary.
- Monitor and control turnover data within area of responsibility.
- In case of deviation from forecast, identify causes and undertake suitable corrective measures, in accordance with his/her manager.
- Maintain a constant update of customer delivery progress.
- In the case of inadequate service levels, instruct Customer Service and agree on necessary corrective measures and priorities in order to establish customer satisfaction.
- On receiving a customer request to return goods, evaluate the individual case and either respond independently or contact the department best assigned to resolve the problem.
- Carry out continuous analysis of prices and status of competition/OES, recommending measures to determine the creation of the price list and counter responses.
- Decision Making Skills
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation
- Adaptability And Flexibility
- Innovative & Creative
- Creative Skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills is a must.
- Personal skills to manage and influence functional organizations
Qualification : Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Preference: Preference shall be given to MBA candidate with previous exposure of Sales activities of Engine Components in After Market/Spare Parts Division
- Experience : 5 Years or More with Mechanical Degree Qualification and 8 Years or with Mechanical Diploma Qualification
- Industry : Automotive Industry
- Exposure : Aftermarket/Spare Parts Sales exposure
- Skill Sets : Strong existing relationships with aftermarket Business, Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)