Director shall establish and drive the Global Belts sourcing team to ensure that the supply base can support the business growth globally while continually improving on service levels, quality and total cost and working capital.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Reduce the costs of goods and services on a year by year basis, after neutralizing and zeroing out the impact of inflation. Savings will be measured in money saved to the bottom line and is separate and in addition to other value-added benefits such as cost avoidance. Will be accountable for meeting annual targets.
- Develop category strategies; establish and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers, ensure successful implementation and support of these strategies. Reduce the number of suppliers used for appropriate categories. Work with operations and the suppliers to ensure business needs are met and the suppliers are actively involved in improving performance. Managing total cost of materials and fostering innovation with internal customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for the categories in the portfolio, including collaborating, communicating and coordinating activities. Actively solicit and obtain business support on sourcing teams to ensure strategies are linked to, and supported by, the business. Pursue and collate forecast requirements and stock movements of strategic materials and regularly review strategies by reference to them.
- Work jointly with operations and other customer groups to develop strategic source plans and ensure the financial benefits are included in the appropriate business plans. Link purchasing strategies to business objectives (including alignment of suppliers to business strategy).
- Participate in revenue-generating work on behalf of the company; act as a company resource when evaluating potential impact, weighing options and making decisions.
- Create a strong business synergy between the customer and the supply chain. Maintain sound and effective supplier relationships based on the highest standard of ethical conduct.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelors in engineering, business or supply chain management. (Technical degree ideal). Prefer an MBA in business and/or finance.
- Minimum of 10 years in leadership with a proven ability to create and establish purchasing systems, protocols, and total cost of ownership.
- Strong background in process management, implementation, and development of key strategic supplier sourcing initiatives.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and the ability to identify lean manufacturing within the current supply base and the development of new suppliers.
- Strong communication skills, written and presentation. Ability to interface with all levels of executive leadership as well as plant materials personnel.
- Proven ability to manage global commodity teams, identify risks, and advocate procurement measures across all business groups.
- Metrics/results driven. Must understand how purchasing and strategic sourcing will the impact the bottom line and develop strategies, plans, and objectives in conjunction with P&L.
- Prefer an ISM or APICS Certification; CPSM, CPM, CPSD, CSCP, CPIM Prefer experience in integrating multi plant site initiatives, common goals, cost reduction, and creating a centralized point for overall best cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Strong work ethic, safety and teamwork. Identify with the common vision.
|Job Category||Supply Chain|