To provide leadership in identifying opportunities in new sources and developing existing sources which meet or exceed Dayco criteria. The supply base will be capable of supporting Operations, Sales and Engineering through Commodity Strategy Development, lean supply chain, APQP, MBE involvement and Continuous Improvement activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in developing and executing commodity strategies and tactics to reduce procurement costs.
- Involved in supplier selection teams by identifying potential sources and new technologies to the business units in coordination with Tech Centers and Operations. Work with the Supply Management VP, Logistics Directors and the Tech Centers in the development of key and strategic supplier partnerships.
- Establishes with the supply base targets for improvements in cost, quality, delivery and technical support.
- Ensures that key suppliers are certified against Dayco supplier standards.
- Participates in financial planning and budgeting processes.
- Participates in industry/professional organizations and continuing education.
- Manages tracking of tariffs and surcharges
- Track and drive COP related to plant material spends.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational Experience: Bachelor’s Degree
Field of Study/Technical Certifications: CPM or CPP certification preferred
Minimum # of Years of Experience: Excellent purchasing management skills coupled with strong negotiation ability is required. General knowledge of Contract Law, Finance, and Manufacturing Processes. Project management skills are also required for developing and executing strategic plans.
Required PC Skills:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Epicor/CMS
Additional Job Specifications and required behaviors (Teamwork, multi-tasking, etc.):
Experience in die castings, plastic injection molding, fasteners, rubber, and tubing with automotive industry preferred and knowledge of manufacturing processes. Global contract management experience. Experience with successful cost reduction projects.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Interfaces internally with Inventory Control, Quality Assurance, Production Scheduling, Customer Service, Accounting, Traffic, Plant Engineering and Product Engineering to coordinate the Springdale buying function. Also interfaces internally with offsite customers such as Product Managers, Sales personnel, Design Engineers and Supply Management on all aspects of procurement from the concept stages throughout Manufacturing.
Interfaces externally with raw material suppliers to negotiate pricing, availability, and transportation difficulties to insure continuous flow of materials for production support. Communicate also with external supply base engineers for value analysis, value enhancement on cost take-out projects for current production parts and prototype parts in design phase. Also, communicate externally to track progress in all aspects of tooling progress timelines and expediting of same.