Responsible for managing the overall procurement activities for the designated commodity including development of sourcing strategy, negotiation of contracts and execution of COP and PPV budget. Work requires knowledge of the global supply base, commodities and requires interface with outside and/or inhouse suppliers as well as multiple internal departments. Work is of a difficult nature involving considerable amount of initiative and a high level of independent judgment.
- Develop and execute global commodity strategy that creates the best value for the company in cooperation with all internal departments along with outside and/or inhouse suppliers.
- Lead sourcing recommendations for assigned commodities in conjunction with the corporate and regional supply chain leaders.
- Develop, manage, and deliver annual COP (Cost-Out-Project) savings and PPV targets.
- Drive commercial expectations with suppliers to leverage DAYCO global spend.
- Conduct price and contract negotiations with suppliers for assigned commodities to meet global and regional objectives.
- Support new business quotes, make, or buy or other studies by providing timely input based on best landed cost in conjunction with Cost Estimating, Global Sourcing, Engineering, and other internal teams.
- Interface with internal departments on critical supplier issues as an escalation level and effectively interact with suppliers, other employees and/or departments for timely resolution.
- Support detection, early warning, and analysis of distressed and/or high-risk suppliers.
- Adhere to corporate and plant purchasing and accounting practices and procedures
- Ability to manage complex workload and prioritize assignments/projects within restricted time constraints.
- High level of analytical ability to deal with unusual and complex issues.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot issues, determine course of action and take initiative.
- High level of independent judgment, professionalism, integrity and record of obtaining goal-oriented results.
- Demonstrated performance in working cross-functionally and/or within matrix organization and working independently to obtain results.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, and comprehend technical documents (drawings, specs, CAD data, engineering change documents, etc.)
- Ability to conduct negotiations with suppliers to deliver the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of supplier sourcing, development and relationship management in automotive manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of English language (written and spoken)