Let’s Make a Move Together! Join Our Team!
Nothing is more critical to human progress than movement. Today, Dayco is part of a global moving economy- a dynamic flow of people, products, systems and relationships. We are steadfast in pushing boundaries of endurance for the vehicles of tomorrow. Dayco’s world class global distribution network services the aftermarket industry with a full offering of kits and products to meet each local market’s need. We accomplish this with a dedicated global team that respects one another, shows humility through continuous learning and acts like owners in everything we do. The
Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with external customers/vendors and internal teams to ensure order requirements are met in a timely fashion. The CSR will initiate corrective action, as needed, to ensure that an excellent standard and high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Process new and open customer orders/backorders for shipment, and internal orders, Point-of-Sale/drop-ship orders to vendors.
- Determine shipment dates by customer requirements, order size, warehouse efficiency, etc.
- Respond to phone/email/fax inquiries from customers/internal teams on a timely basis regarding inventory availability, pricing, order status, sales terms, promotions, shipment/delivery dates, etc. with high level of organization and professionalism
- Manage assigned customer accounts per instructions (particularly scheduled shipments) and update as needed on customer service network drive.
- Enter and maintain customer orders via BOE Daily EDI Program, Excel, mail, phone and fax.
- Coordinate shipping priorities and resolve shipping discrepancies with customers, sales, distribution, 3PL, and other departments to ensure orders are shipped to per specifications.
- Run various ERP/CRM queries, including daily reports for sales/inventory teams, customers, quality hold orders to verify/release quantities, zero-shipped Factory-Direct orders
- Provide return authorization and reshipments of products when required.
- Solve challenging customer issues using creative solutions to find root causes and a high degree of tact/judgment to ensure a positive result and ensuring decisions are within company policy/procedure.
- Seek support from Customer Service Supervisor/Manager on escalated customer issues, problems and barriers.
- Provide “soft” technical assistance to customers such as interchanging of part numbers or specific applications using talking pictures.
- Refer customers to Product Management for highly technical questions.
- Assist with the management of other accounts and support CSR staff as needed when absences exist within department.
- Direct non-customer service inquiries to appropriate department/person
- Maintain high level of confidentiality on customer account costing and pricing information.
- Submit credit requests and facilitate in expediting releases of orders with advanced credit approval.
- Submit call reports for adjustments to achieve resolution of order issues and assist with credit issuance.
- Manage quality control (QC) and on-hold procedures for order issues (i.e. couplings bagged incorrectly, wrong part in packaging).
- Assist sales personnel with FS&Q’s (Field Service and Quality Return Authorizations) to determine if product is returnable. Facilitate the product return through outside vendor services and internal departments.
- Work effectively with other departments when assistance is needed on new system changes, process implementations, etc.
- Provide recommendations on continuous improvement initiatives and participate in preparing data for changes/updates to processes/procedures.
- Actively participate in weekly or semi-monthly departmental meetings or trainings.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- 1-2 years of Customer Service capacity, preferably in a Warehouse and/or Manufacturing environment
- Proficient with data entry, intermediate-advanced PC skills
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to make informed business decisions
- Must be able to analyze data and think strategically
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency