Position: Engineer – Application Engineering Grade: Level-3
Department: RD & E Reporting: Department Head
- Shall be responsible for development of prototype product designs and collaboratively with partners, customers, and consultants.
- Provide hands-on reduction to practice for all aspects of the technical development of the application, including scale-up of the coating technology, experiment plan, product design, prototype production, and reporting requirements.
- Follow existing and develop additional experimental plans to achieve project goals, including design-of-experiment (DOE) matrices, milestones, budget, timing, and resource allocation.
- Work with existing senior staff to design and assemble the equipment necessary to execute the experimental plan, test scale-up concepts, and produce prototypes for customer/partner testing.
- Coordinate (and supervise, if necessary) all lab work and analytical and performance testing and interpret data and results.
- Assigned with the responsibilities of creating the Dimensional Drawings, Main Assembly Drawing, Part Drawings and the complete Bill of Materials.
- Make recommendations and set new directions for the project based on data, test results, and feedback from our customers/partners.
- Prepare frequent written reports to satisfy customer requirements and maintain project funding status. Excellent technical writing skills are mandatory.
- Assist in the preparation of follow-on or new funding proposals.
- Support manufacture of new and existing products
- Participate in regular meetings with our customers to ensure that key requirements, limitations, and goals are identified and accounted for at all stages of project execution.
- Provide onsite support & solutions to customers.
- Coordinate/provide direction for cost reduction efforts, i.e. VAVE (Value Analysis and Value Engineering) projects
- Keep the external customer apprised of Dayco’s latest continuous improvement and product enhancement activities.
- Shall be responsible for DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) and Drive Design Guidelines improvements
- Drive market requirements into the development of new products and tools.
- Ansys & Creo 2.0/3.0 (Preferential)
- MS Office
- Product Data Management (PTC Windchill link)
- Data Management System (DMS)
- Project Management.
- Engineering Basics (GD&T, stack up analysis, engineering analysis systems, etc.)
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Team Player
- Presentation and Convincing Capability.
- Strong creative ability.
- Strong organizational
- communication skills.
Qualification : B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
Experience : 6 Years or Above
Industry : Engineering /Automotive
Preference shall be given to candidate with background in the Engine Components development process.