While working as part of the Aftermarket Team the Buyer will be responsible for contributing to the Cost Out Projects, maintaining the NA Purchasing system, analyzing annual spend, preparing Requests for Quotations, providing sourcing recommendations, preparing presentations to management for sourcing approvals and managing project implementation. The Buyer will work with the Global Purchasing Team to maximize the global supply leverage.
|PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Prepare RFQs, obtain specifications or scope of work, solicit bids, and analyze quotes including coordination of supplier line-ups as needed for identified commodities
- Prepare sourcing approval recommendations and documents for sourcing events
- Provide assistance in the development of commodity strategies, sourcing activities, and project implementation
- Interface with vendors and suppliers on pricing, lead time and terms of agreement
- Analyze spend for savings opportunities (internal and external)
- Maintain consistent communication with suppliers and internal customers to ensure timelines are met
- Interface between suppliers and engineering/operations/marketing to answer any questions related to RFQ/RFP/RFI documents
- Search for and assist in the development of new suppliers in accordance with the new supplier approval process.
- Schedule “new supplier” introductory meetings and/or technical presentations
- Schedule and track status for product sampling purposes ensuring timelines are maintained
- Analyze Harmonized Tariff Codes and the impact on North America and develop plans for mitigation
- Maintain records pertaining to purchased items, cost history, and delivery patterns
- Track and record Purchasing Cost Out Projects for North America
- Support Global Cost Out Projects initiatives
- Cooperate with other regions buyers to maximize the benefits and the opportunities of Global suppliers leverage
- Support Purchasing KPIs (fill rates, cost savings, payment terms, diversity spend, PO aging, supplier compression)
- Maintain supplier profiles, supplier scorecards, supplier capabilities, supply agreements & contract files
- Resolves any blocked invoices and resolve discrepancies related to price or quantity differences.
- Support DC planners to resolve issues related to fill rate
- Support Quality Supervisor, Warranty Engineers, and Product Management to resolve supplier quality issues
- Identify opportunities to improve invoice process between supplier and Accounts Payable
- Participates in company initiatives (Sales, Product Management, Marketing) and contributes to continuous improvement processes
- Perform other related duties as required
|KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:|
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management / Business / Engineering / Materials Management or Logistics required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement and/or a Materials Management-related field with a preference towards high volume manufacturing related industries.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly efficient in Excel, data analysis, and experience with RFQ/RFP/RFI processes, and providing commodity support.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.