Ensure the execution of FEM simulations, necessary to verify and guarantee the feasibility of a FEAD/Timing belt system (single parts and assembly) produced entirely or partially by Dayco. Implement and develop a methodology of calculation in collaboration with the Testing and Design areas. Set up a system of FEM simulation consistent with the needs expressed by the various technical areas and Customer requirement and promote the corporate image with the purpose to supply competitive products, according to the actual needs of the company.
- Analyse the Feasibility of different NEW/INNOVATIVE design solutions.
- Analyse the Feasibility of partial or extensive design modifications (Current production products).
- Create and manage calculation spread sheet /tools in usage for Designers
- Support the Material selection process through collaboration with Testing and parts‘ Suppliers.
- Support the component parameters selection process through collaboration with Design area.
- Maintain relationships with Project Managers, Project Leaders, Application Engineers, Testing Dept. and with other external organisations, for example Research Centre, University.
- Compile and distribute FEM Simulation Reports.
- Planning and manage Training activities (software updating courses) in collaboration with Human Resources Area. Be available for any training to be submitted to Application Engineer for their simulation tasks.
- Support the Testing area during the Products/Prototypes validation phase.
Essential Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 1 or 2 years experience in FEM calculations – Methodology
- the origin from the Automotive sector is a plus
Technical & Soft Skills
- Excellent English language level
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Working
- Knowledge ANSYS – MARC is considered a plus