Position: Senior Engineer
Grade: Level 3
Reporting: Department Head
Ensuring machining & production is actively engaged to meet daily customer demand and production schedule.
- Technical Knowledge of CNC, VMC, Grinding Machine & Balancing, machines.
- Must have knowledge of CNC and VMC Machine programming.
- Knowledge of Gauges (Special gauge, Bore gauge, Air gauge, Snap gauge).
- Knowledge of Fixture (CNC Chucks & Jaws, VMC fixture, Grinding Mandrel, Grinding Wheel)
- Knowledge of Tools (Turning tool, Reamer, Boring Bars, End mill, Special Tooling VMC.)
- Knowledge of improvement activities like kaizen, SWC (Standard Work Chart).
- Knowledge of SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Die) Process.
- Experience of handling at least 40-50 operators as a supervisor & production shift management.
- Compliance of production as per desired quality and quantity.
- Preparation of Skill Matrix of operators.
- Use basic problem – solving skills to ensure stable operation of the production.
- Update production matrix and facilitate regular team communication.
- Work closely with support staff such as Technician, manufacturing Engineering, Production Supervisor, materials / Warehouse to resolve issues.
- Report problems or concerns with quality, process, equipment, material and labor to production Manager.
- Analyzing all facets of production and making recommendations for improvement.
- Exposer of 5-S principles, Team builder, computer literate
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Workable Knowledge of software systems (Auto CAD, CAM)
- Proven ability to identify, assess and solve problems.
- Capabilities by implementing training procedures and communication.
- Knowledge of Production Process & Process Control
Qualification : Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Experience : Degree (6 or more Years), Diploma (8 or more Years)
Industry : Engineering /Automotive
Skill Sets : Well versed & having hands on experience Machining (Machine Shop) CNC & VMC Operations, Assembly Grinding, Tooling, Fixturing