The Business Development Manager is responsible and accountable for a given level of product sales; (Where applicable) adequate staffing levels and personnel development; liaison with customers; account development; expense control and supervisor/subordinate communication regarding account business activities. This job may require up to 75% travel; travel is contingent upon the area of responsibility. The territory of this role is Washington, Oregon, northern California, Alaska, northern Idaho, and western Montana.
The Business Development Manager is required to develop and execute a schedule of sales calls on prospective and existing customers to promote the sale of all Dayco product lines and to ensure that customers are knowledgeable of products, promotions, policies and procedures with a view to preserving and increasing account(s) customer base.
As a manager remote from headquarters, the Business Development Manager will maintain adequate account(s) records.
Local marketing/promotional program development and execution is the responsibility of the Business Development Manager. These programs are intended to support customers in their sales to other levels of distribution and to obtain new customers for Dayco.
- Achieve sales quotas/budgets to provide revenues and profits.
- Prospect new accounts at all levels; Warehouse Distributor, Jobber and installer.
- Control expenses to maximize profits.
- Conduct field intelligence; inform management and recommend action regarding industry trends, changes in customer status and/or activities, competitors’ activities, sales/marketing opportunities and personnel situations.
- Accountable for efficient use of time and materials to achieve best possible pay back on resources expended.
- Educate and inform customers on Dayco products and policies.
- Perform product changeovers when necessary.
- Identifying, targeting, and implementing strategies to secure new customers and place new product into existing customers.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves objects weighing up to 25 pounds and occasionally over 50 pounds
- Frequently bends, stoops, climbs ladders and crouches on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate safe habits when using ladders, tools and equipment.
- Ability to drive long distances for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate openly, honestly and constructively and treat all customers with dignity and respect.
Knowledge & Experience:
Bachelors degree is preferred but will consider experience as well
Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an outside sales role, preferably within an automotive aftermarket company
Must be proficient with Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Candidate must have proven experience at the Installer, Jobber, and Warehouse Distributor level.
Candidate must be self-motivated and be a team player.